Texan born, Mark Seliger, is of one of the most significant celebrity portrait photographers of our time.
As the Chief Photographer for Rolling Stone Magazine between 1980 and the early 2000’s, Seliger shot over 125 covers featuring the world’s top musicians and actors, such as David Bowie, John Travolta, Keith Richards and Diane Kruger. He has since continued to collaborate with high profile magazines, such as Vanity Fair, GQ, Vogue and Details. He spends most of his time in his New York Studio preparing for major retrospective exhibits world-wide, from Paris to London to Los Angeles.
Recently, In 2017, Seliger’s photographs became a part of the permanent collection of the National Portrait Gallery at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC. He is also part of the permanent collection at the National Art Gallery of London and the Holocaust Museum in Houston, TX.
Mark Seliger has published several books and his photographs have won countless international awards.
Museums Exhibitions and International Art Fairs
- London Art Fair (2019), London, UK
- A Gallerie Solo Exhibit (2019), Paris, FR
- Hazelton Fine Art Galleries Solo Exhibit (2018) Toronto, CA
- Art New York (2016-2017), New York
- Art South Hampton (2015-2016), New York
- Steven Kasher Gallery solo exhibit (2011), New York
- Permanent Collection: National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- Permanent Collection of the National Gallery in London
- Permanent Collection of the Holocaust Museum in Houston, TX